Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Track Action

AM: 3 miles
PM: 2 mile w/u + strides
Target: 12x400 w/90 sec. rest faster than two weeks ago
Actual: 80, 80, 79, 78, 78, 77, 77, 75, 77, 77, 76, 74
2 mile c/d
Total: 7 miles

I stepped onto the track today with the goal of running this workout faster than two weeks ago while staying controlled and smooth throughout. As the splits show, I achieved that. My average today was 77.3, as opposed to 79.2 from the previous workout. Granted, the conditions weren't great that day--cold and windy--but today wasn't much better. Though the wind wasn't a factor, it was raining on and off all day; as a result, the track was very slick and the cold, damp air permeated my copious layers of clothing.

As is starting to become the Tuesday routine, I ran this workout completely solo but with company on the track. I wasn't able to leave work until 3 to head to JCSU, but I arrived just as Simon, Nelson, Futsum, Brian and Alex were beginning their own intervals. Better yet, since Jenna was there to supervise she stuck close by to time my intervals and offer encouragement. While I can't say that I felt fantastic today, I'll definitely take it as a solid step in the right direction.

0 comments: