Friday, February 12, 2010

Predator Run, Sort Of

AM: 20 mins. ellip.
45 mins. weights/strength
PM: 3.5-4 mile w/u
3 mile predator @17:39 (5:52, 5:53, 5:54)
4+ mile c/d
Total: 10.5-11 miles

In an effort to get caught up on blogging at my dad's behest, I'm going to quickly run down the most important points from the day:

1. As of this week, the QU track team is starting a circuit routine in the weight room twice a week. This is designed to improve our overall strength and form. What it will do in reality is make me sore in a brand new variety of areas.
2. My predator run turned into a prey run. It pretty much sucked. I felt like I was pushing pretty hard but just could not drop the pace. Oh well, I still rolled up on the guy wearing the Fuel Belt.
3. It is, in fact, much farther from Providence Day School to Boyce Park (and, consequentially, to the main path at McAlpine) than one would think. This explains the unusually lengthy warmup and cooldown and possibly also the fatigue I felt while running.
4. It snowed. Again. I had only finished the workout portion of my run a few seconds earlier when the flakes began to fall, slowly at first, then in earnest. At that moment, as I stood alone on the trail, surrounded by nothing and no one save for the snowflakes and my own thoughts and a few deer prancing across the path, I paused to admire the beauty of my surroundings and thoughtfully mused: "I am so freaking ready for winter to be over."

0 comments: