Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend Update

Sunday, 10/4
AM: 20 min. run (2.5 miles)
30 min. walk
PM: 60 mins. ellip. incl. 5x5 mins. on, 5 mins. off

Saturday, 10/3
AM: 45 mins. ellip.

Saturday was great times as I worked out in the morning, then met some of my fave OCOM peeps for breakfast at the Original Pancake House. Kim, Gunilla, Bess and Jason had just finished running Race for the Cure, which Jordan and I skipped out on due to the overall cluster effect of having 15,000 people converging on uptown Charlotte. That said, we were more than happy to meet them for a post-run breakfast, as were Jenny and Tanya. This was more or less the same group that I ran and breakfast-ed with last spring at the Great Harvest 5k, only we were minus Jeffrey this time. His presence and his stories about time in the slammer were sorely missed by everyone.
In honor of our favorite season and our favorite flavor, Tanya and I both ordered the autumn-inspired pumpkin pecan pancakes and were not disappointed.

Sunday I joined the team at McAlpine for the first time in who knows how long, with an ambitious goal of running 20 minutes. The hip was pretty tight throughout and didn't feel nearly as good as I hoped, but nonetheless it was great to run a few miles with the girls and enjoy the cool weather.

0 comments: