Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two Days in a Row

Wednesday, 10/28
AM: 4.5 mile run
30 mins. pool
2.75 mile run
2x20 water pump extensions=80
Total: 7+ miles

Tuesday, 10/27
AM: ~6.5 miles
2x20 water pump extensions=80

PM: 25 mins. ellip.

Despite the fact that it amounts to less than Jilane does on her typical warmup, I was pretty proud of myself to notch 13+ miles in little more than 24 hours. And, more importantly, to feel good doing it. Not "good" as in fit, but "good" as in my hip cooperated fully. The thought of running Thursday is quite tempting, but I'm going to do my best to restrain myself in hopes of saving up for a stellar predator run Friday. That, and I'm so busy with the week from hell right now that I wou
ldn't really have time to fit in an extra workout if I wanted to.


Fall foliage in Freedom Park, with view of the
B of A headquarters in Uptown

Also, just to state the obvious, I feel very, very out of shape at present. However I've decided to frame this situation positively, so I keep telling myself that every time I run, I'm gaining fitness. I mean that quite literally. When you're at the bottom, there's nowhere to go but up.

3 comments:

Jilane said...

Love you, too.

Kevin Balance said...

glad to see your recovery is going well

Meagan Nedlo said...

thanks! i'm still really slow, but i'd rather run slowly then not run at all!