Thursday, October 1, 2009

So You're Saying There's a Chance

Thursday, 10/1
AM: 25 mins. ellip.
25 mins. core
30 mins. pool

Wednesday, 9/30
AM: 30 mins. ellip.
20 min. run (!!)
2.5 miles
Chiro
PM: 40 mins. ellip.

Tuesday, 9/29
AM: 30 mins. ellip.
PM: 55 mins. ellip. incl. 2x6 mins. on, 4 mins. off; 5x1 min. on, 1 min. off

Yep, you read that correctly--I ran 20 minutes on Wednesday. It's a new record. And, to be completely honest, while I didn't feel 100% normal I felt about 10 times better than last week. Much less gimpy, more fluid, less uncomfortable. This was definitely a step in the right direction and the first time I've felt optimistic in quite a while. Even Jordan, who certainly does not go out of his way to spare my feelings in these situations, said my form looked almost normal.

With that in mind, I have set a rather ambitious goal of running 10 miles this week. Of course, this is pending how I feel post-run--so far so good--and how the rest of my body responds to the abrupt mileage increase. But I would love to crack double digits for the first time since returning to Charlotte.

0 comments: