Friday, October 30, 2009

Successful Baby Workout

Friday, 10/30
19 min. w/u (2.5 miles)
2 mile predator run in 12:33 (6:20, 6:13)
17 min. c/d (2 miles)
Total: 6.5 miles

Thursday, 10/29
AM: 30 mins. ellip.
15 mins. core
PM: 45 mins. ellip.
2x20 water pump extensions=80

As you know, the word "success" as defined when one is coming back from injury is relative. Although the pace I ran today averaged out to almost the exact same pace I ran for a half marathon in June, I couldn't have been happier to run sub-6:30 (hell, I would've taken sub-7) on my first baby workout. Jenna ran with the the entire way, which was a huge help, and kept me engaged in conversation for the first 1.5. That's right, I was able to hold up a conversation for almost 10 minutes of this effort. That in itself may be the most encouraging part; that, and Scott observing that my form looked good when he spotted us with 400m to go. Don't get me wrong; I was definitely pressing toward the end, and my body seemed entirely perplexed, as evidenced by the tightening of everything from my arms to my low back. But this was definitely an encouraging starting point, one that leaves me eager to improve my fitness as much as possible between now and nationals.

0 comments: