Saturday, October 10, 2009

Movie Night

AM: 45 mins. ellip
PM: Yama

Brooke was game for accompanying me to the fitness center this morning, so I took a gamble on the doors being open early and, to my surprise, they actually were. Thus, we were able to get in some quality elliptical and stretching time before I headed off to work for the majority of the day.

However, in yet another lucky break, we were overstaffed on a relatively slow Saturday, which meant that I got to leave at 3 instead of staying until close of business at 5. Since neither Brooke nor I had really eaten lunch, we opted for a late lunch/early dinner of sushi. This was followed by a blissful evening of toenail painting, wine and terrible Lifetime movies at home. One thing I realized while watching 5+ hours of Lifetime tonight is that their programs have gotten incredibly...well, how can I say this...slutty? I mean, the movies they were featuring on Saturday included sordid titles such as "She's Too Young" (about an underage girl losing her virginity), "The Painful Truth" (about an underage girl losing her virginity with, ahem, several guys...and she also has a cutting problem) and "Student Seduction" (about an underage boy attempting to seduce his incredibly attractive teacher (played by the actress known in equal parts for her portrayal as Jessie Spano on "Saved By the Bell" and as a stripper in "Showgirls")). Oh, and "Don't Leave the Children" or something like that about a young, nubile nanny who is trying to--you guessed it--seduce the wealthy, distinguished father of the children she watches over. I mean, the last time I watched Lifetime was around Christmas and it was all yuletide cheer and evergreen trees. At most there was one sexual assault per movie. But now? Well, it's certainly not material I would let my mother watch. It was just about right for me and Brookelet though.

0 comments: