Sunday, June 6, 2010

Week in Review

63-64 miles
3 days on the road with JSK
2 crappy motels
5 AFDs

The post-Nationals letdown has hit me pretty hard. I'm feeling tired and lethargic and am even struggling with a niggle in my left foot that flared up during the championship 5k. Overall I think I just need to take a break, and after next weekend's New Balance race I intend to do just that. Hopefully I can keep it together until then and still run a respectable time.

On a positive note, this much more relaxed week was a lot of fun. I had a great time playing co-pilot for three days with Jordan, celebrating his birthday with Queens/CRC folks on Thursday and getting in some quality brunch/pool/run action with friends on Sunday. Weeks like this make me feel incredibly fortunate for the great people we've met in a relatively short period of time since moving to Charlotte. It's nice to be reminded that running isn't everything.

0 comments: