Saturday, June 5, 2010

King Tiger 5k

~4 mile w/u + strides
5k @17:47 (5:33, 5:38, 5:56)
2 mile c/d
Total: 9+ miles

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I haven't felt this bad in a race since...well there was that 5k I ran a week ago that was pretty tough too. The only difference is in that race I ran a legit time and today I shuffled my way to a near 6-minute mile up the final hill.

I really have no interest in recapping this race, other than to say it was hot and I'm tired and I'm pretty sure I need to take a break for a few weeks. Today I ran a full 10 seconds slower than at the arguably hillier Great Harvest--and I was trying much, much harder. However, I've already committed to racing the New Balance Boston Twilight Series 5k next Saturday--I promise, two weeks ago this seemed like a great idea--so I can't shut things down just yet. Instead of dishing out the gory details of my slow and painful death today, I'll merely echo Paul in saying that the best part of the race was the free shaved ice afterward and the glimpse of the lady pushing her cat in a baby jogger. I have half a mind to throw Weezy in one for the next 5k but I'm pretty sure she would exact her revenge by waking me up at 4am for weeks afterward.

0 comments: