Thursday, June 24, 2010

Down Week #2

Thursday, 6/24
AM: 1 hour 15 mins. (10.5 miles)

Wednesday, 6/23
AM: 9 miles

Tuesday, 6/22
AM: 7 miles

Monday, 6/21
AM: 8 miles

So far this week has been quite enjoyable. I've been running some decent distances only because of Jordan; Monday and Wednesday I accompanied him to McAlpine for his workouts, then Thursday I joined him for a LFPL (Long Freedom Park Loop) during which he used me to make sure he ran "slow" instead of his usual easy pace. I don't know whether to feel privileged or insulted, although something tells me there's a fine line between the two.

The most important thing through all of this is that I'm having a good time out there and handling the heat well. It's been a bit brutal weather-wise around here, but honestly I've managed to push it out of my mind and just accept the fact that I'll be dripping with sweat within the first few minutes. As long as I seek out shade and stay hydrated it's not a big deal. (Of course I'm sure I'll change my tune once I start doing workouts.)

Finally, amid all the Wimbledon and World Cup drama, I have to give a shout-out to my TCU Horned Frogs for pulling off a huge win in the second round of the College World Series. It's their first appearance in the tourney, and tomorrow afternoon they'll be playing for a shot in the big game. Go Frogs!

0 comments: