Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week in Review

28 miles
3 hours 50 mins. elliptical
30 mins. pool
27 years
4 AFDs

This week was action-packed on all fronts, and though I spent much of it exhausted I feel great about what I accomplished. My road to recovery finally feels smooth, and I'm growing increasingly excited about racing with the team at Regionals next weekend. The women have set their sights on making it to Nationals as a team, and if I can even play the smallest part in making that happen then I will be satisfied with my performance.

Also, this week has reaffirmed to me how wonderful my friends and family are. The cards, phone calls, Facebook wishes and general shout-outs I received on my birthday were amazing. Knowing that these people love me in spite of my shortcomings and general dorkiness is humbling. To sum it up best, a quote from one of my favorite films: "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

...and you are so worth all the love coming your way. Take care of you!