Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let's Do This

AM: 30 mins. ellip.
15 mins. core
PM: 3.5 mile w/u
6x800m @ 2:56, 2:55, 2:56, 2:58, 3:02, 2:55
1.5 mile c/d
Total: 8 miles

Today's workout was the first I've done with the other girls on the team. They had a pre-race of 3x800, 2x400 on tap, while I was planning to keep the 800s going. Coach Simmons planned for us to run this workout on the third mile of the Footlocker course, which is mostly wooded and slightly rolling. My main goal was just to tuck in behind the lead girls (Maraya, Holly and Jess, with Jenna setting the pace) and try not to die.

After settling into a somewhat comfortable pace on the first interval I knew I would be able to hang in there. Jenna helped out a ton by running with me after the other girls started their 400s around the pond, and without her I'm sure I wouldn't have run as "fast" as I did. As for the hip, I definitely felt awkward the first 10 meters or so of each interval, but developed a rhythm after that. I'm a bit anxious to see how it will feel tomorrow, but as of now I'm pleased to make it through the workout in one piece.

Also of note, this time change is ridic. We were running in pretty much pitch darkness by the cooldown.

0 comments: