Monday, September 14, 2009

Frequency Specific Microcurrent

AM: 30 mins. ellip.
25 mins. core
25 mins.pool
PM: 25 mins. pool
Chiro

I started the week off right with a solid morning workout. The leg/hip is feeling stronger by the day, and though I'm hesitant to attempt a run this week, I'm definitely enjoying a pain-free lifestyle otherwise. This is due in no small part to Dr. Greenapple and staff, who have done a fantastic job with my treatment (and, you can imagine, have pretty much become my friends at this point--the only person I see more often than them is Jordan).

Today the good doctor tried a new treatment on me called Frequency Specific Microcurrent, or FSM. Basically he applied a few pads to my leg, abdomen and hip that were attached to the microcurrent machine. He programmed the machine to a specific frequency based on my ailment, then proceeded to zap me with electricity for 5-10 minutes. Okay, so I'm making it sound a bit more dramatic than it is, since I actually didn't feel anything (hence the "micro" part of the current). You can check out the video in the link above to see how it all went down. Anyway, the premise behind this treatment is that certain frequency levels correspond directly to certain injuries and are completely ineffective in treating others. So, for example, the doc found his frequency chart, looked up "bone," and plugged 'er in to the prescribed frequencies of 59 and 39. I looked over the chart while I was getting treated, and there were frequencies for virtually everything you could imagine. Literally. Everything from impotence to kidney stones to foot pain to hurt feelings. Yes, "hurt feelings" was actually listed. I thought the whole process was intriguing to say the least. If anything it's good to know I can go back the next time Jordan and I get into an argument.

0 comments: