Saturday, March 13, 2010

Three Queens All-Americans

AM: 3 miles
PM: 2 mile w/u + strides
5k race @17:26; 5th place
(-27 sec. altitude conversion = 16:59)
2 mile c/d
Total: 7 miles

I'm stealing the title from Jordan but that's because it's late and I'm exhausted. I'll write more tomorrow. For now, let me share that Queens will be taking home three All-American honors from this weekend's meet: Nelson placed 2nd in the 800, Tanya was 2nd in the 5k and I placed 5th. Not a shabby day for our program, I'd say.


I'm stealing the photo from Jordan too. This is the top 8 accepting our
All-American awards after the race.

A full race update will be forthcoming. It was very slow, very tactical, very physical, very much unlike any other race I've run. Overall I'm satisfied with the race, but I'm sure I'll have more insight once I've had time to sleep and reflect. Good night!

2 comments:

Mad said...

yayy awesome! cant wait to read the full recap!

Owen said...

Congratulations Meagan, great job!