Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stanford Pre-Race Workout

AM: 2.25 mile w/u
Target: 3xmile @6:00 w/4 mins. rest
Actual: 5:55, 5:57, 5:48
1.75 mile c/d + strides
Total: 7 miles
PM: 20 mins. core + strength
3 miles

As you can probably gather from the prescribed pace, this workout was intended to be a light pre-race effort. Nothing taxing, but quick enough to get the legs turned over a bit. McAlpine was the chosen venue, both for the soft surfaces and because the JC Smith track is still closed for renovations. I persuaded Jenna to join me for this venture, which made things much more enjoyable than they would've been solo.

Since this wasn't terribly exciting I don't have much else to add, but that's sure to change by week's end. Tomorrow I'm working all day and Thursday morning we leave for California, so it's about to get pretty hectic around here. I'll update when I can.

0 comments: