Thursday, March 4, 2010

Doubling Up

AM: 56 mins. (7.5 miles)
PM: 3 miles
60 mins. weights + core

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I was actually able to join the team for two practices in one day (normally I can't even make one). Thus, my morning run and weight-lifting session were both done with company instead of solo, which always makes things more enjoyable. Things that were not enjoyable include my calves (rocked from the spikes yesterday), the rest of my legs (hurting from the workout) and my stomach (didn't eat a big enough lunch today and suffered a serious sugar low as a result; had to steal saltines from Jenna's bag during weights to avoid total body shutdown).

More importantly, the entry lists for Nationals were solidified yesterday. Everything looks as expected on the women's side, although I was slightly surprised to see that they took 15 girls in the 5k. They only took 12 in the men's 5k, which unfortunately means that Futsum was the first guy out. Terrible position to be in. This was a result of Adams State qualifying--and declaring--6 guys in the 5k and 6 guys in the mile. No, that was not a typo. Yes, I said 6. The depth and talent of their team is absolutely staggering. At any rate, I'm disappointed that Futs is out but excited to travel to ABQ with Tanya, Simon and Nelson this weekend!

0 comments: