Sunday, March 28, 2010

Homeward Bound

AM: 72 mins. (10 miles)
PM: Travel

In the interest of time, my burgeoning sickness and race recovery, we opted to forego today's scheduled long run in favor of a medium-length effort. The three of us headed back out to the bay--only a different parking lot this time, several miles closer than the one we'd started from previously--for a relaxed, flat out-and-back along the dirt trail. Despite vowing to keep the pace in check, Tanya and I settled into a faster-than-prescribed clip. Blame it on the flat surface and the cool, crisp air I suppose. At any rate, it felt easy, and though my legs are a bit sore from Friday night they didn't seem to mind.

The remainder of the day was spent traveling back East. All was well until the last bit of our flight back into Charlotte, when we flew straight into the path of a nasty storm that was lambasting the area. I'm not exaggerating when I say the turbulence was so bad that two grown men on the plane, one of whom was seated directly behind me, threw up in flight. Needless to say, I have never been happier to exit an aircraft in one piece and with clean clothes in my entire life.

0 comments: