Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Unintended Double

AM: 10.5 miles
PM: 3 miles

Normally, when I don't skip class and/or request my professor to meet me early so I can attend a track meet duel, doubling on Tuesday is not an option. As such, Jordan and I parted ways after one Freedom Park loop this morning, he to run home and me to continue onward for a Long Freedom Park Loop. I've only done this loop once or twice and never solo, but this morning the time passed surprisingly quickly. I vowed to be super conservative after our uptempo run yesterday morning, even going so far as running in the grassy median on the Booty Loop (a practice I despise) to keep the pace in check.

My plans for the evening changed mid-afternoon when I received an email from my professor that class was canceled. I still wasn't sold on the idea of doubling, but Jordan had a track workout on tap for the evening and I knew I'd feel pretty lazy if I stayed planted on the couch at home while he ran. Instead I accompanied him to AG, where I had a chance meeting with both Emily Barrett (the new social chair for CRC) and Dr. Greenapple. Chatting with them and calling out Jordan's splits kept me from being too bored and also prevented me from being tempted to run farther. I've got an early AM workout with Caitlin and the gang, and I need the leggies to be as fresh as possible 12 hours from now.

Oh, and apparently Tuesday is $1 taco night at Qdoba. You know, if you're into that sort of thing.

0 comments: