Friday, July 23, 2010

Reacclimation

Friday, 7/23
AM: 8.5 miles

Thursday, 7/22
AM: 6 miles
15 mins. core
PM: 4 miles

Can I go back to San Diego now?? Seriously, for the past week I've been jogging 7-minute pace on my easy runs without even batting an eye, but upon returning back to this sauna called Charlotte I can barely maintain 7:30 pace on my morning runs without feeling utterly wiped out. This doesn't bode well for the 4 Miler on Saturday or for the pleasantness of my mood, but unfortunately there's not much to be done about it now. Everyone's dealing with the same conditions, and all of us are hoping that this will make us tougher and stronger come autumn. (The alternative, that the weather is doing nothing but zapping our energy reserves and breaking us down beyond repair, is too depressing to consider.) I'd hoped to set a fast pace at the race but am now adjusting my goal to survival. Set the bar low, clear it every time.

0 comments: