Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wind, Rain and Cookies

AM: 50 mins. ellip.
PM: 20 mins. ellip.


A rare cloudy view from the pool/hot tub area

In an unprecedented turn of events, it rained this morning. I've spent probably a total of 20 days in Palm Springs over the past few years and this is the first time I can recall it raining. Later this afternoon the winds would pick up and turn the rainstorm into a sandstorm, but fortunately we were safely tucked away indoors and did not bear the brunt of it.


Sandstorm! Photo by the Desert Sun

Instead, we spent much of the day enjoying all things Christmas. By "we" I mean Gary and I, as Jordan was too busy "working" to participate in the wholesome family fun activities such as decorating the Christmas tree and baking up tasty and delicious Christmas cookies. I do find it a bit suspect that his "work" seemed to lull each time there was a spoon or mixer to be licked, but I suppose in the spirit of Christmas I'll take his word for it. At any rate, when the flour settled there were dozens upon dozens of warm frosted cookies, and I invite anyone reading this in the immediate vicinity to stop by the Biltmore and enjoy some freshly baked goodies.


Preparing to make some magic happen

Later in the afternoon we made our first of what will undoubtedly be many trips to Koffi. This delightful coffee shop is literally just down the street and is owned by friends of Gary and Roger's. My personal favorite treat there is the white caramel mocha freeze, but it was breezy and chilly enough outside that I opted for a simple drip instead. Cookies, coffee and Christmas trees...can't think of a better way to spend a December afternoon.


All that's missing is the star on top.

0 comments: