Monday, December 21, 2009

Palm Springs Living

AM: 45 mins. (6 miles)
15 mins. ellip.
PM: 20 mins. ellip.


A gorgeous sunrise in the desert

Isn't it strange how you can be gone from a place for so long, and yet it feels so familiar when you return? It's been almost an entire year since Jordan and I have set foot on the streets of Palm Springs, yet all the sights and sounds seemed to be just as we'd left them last December. I was excited to get out the door for our first desert run, but unfortunately my leg was really nagging throughout. I'm beyond frustrated at this point and desperate to get this thing taken care of. Luckily there's a whirlpool/hot tub on the premises that I plan on using several times a day to loosen up and massage the muscles--I did so twice today for about 10 minutes each time--and Jordan has also put me on a strict ibuprofen regimen until Christmas. I'm not really a huge fan, on account of the fact that it's not good for your body in the long term, but right now I just want to try every possible form of treatment.


Perhaps Jordan aka Moses can perform another miracle
and heal my leg...

Unrelated, one other thing I've noticed here is that I'm in more or less a constant state of uncertainty about what time it is. My body feels like it's three hours later than the clock purports, plus the sun goes down so early here that once 5pm hits it could easily be any time between 5 and midnight. As a combination of these factors, so far I've been unable to stay awake past 9pm and equally unable to sleep in past 5:30 or 6. The jury is still out as to whether this is a positive or negative development.


An eager running partner for when I finally get back out there

0 comments: