Thursday, December 24, 2009

Picture Perfect Christmas Eve

AM: 15 mins. ellip.
15 mins. core
45 mins. (6 miles)
Late AM: ~2.5 mile hike




Jordan and I kicked off this warm and sunny Christmas Eve with a jaunt through the streets of Palm Springs. We took a spin past Ruth Hardy Park before venturing back toward the Biltmore, where Jordan dropped me off at 6 miles. I would like to have continued on but I'm still babying my leg, so I reluctantly headed back home while he set off for a short loop.

Later in the morning Roger took us on a hike in the San Jacintos. He and a friend had traversed a trail that went about a mile up and offered breathtaking views of the valley below, so we eagerly agreed to join. Despite how (relatively) fit I claim to be, I was definitely huffing and puffing on the steeper sections of the ascent. It was worth it once we reached the summit and surveyed the magnificent vista below. Like a postcard? Definitely.



Jordan and I spent the rest of the afternoon sunning (or, in his case, napping) on deck chairs, then lounging in the hot tub and the almost equally warm waters of the condo's swimming pool. I can honestly say this is the first Christmas Eve I've ever experienced that's been warm enough to swim outside and hike in short sleeves, but I'll take it anytime. My parents arrive in the morning and are currently marooned at DFW while the storm of the century rages outside. So yeah, I think Palm Springs will do just fine.

0 comments: