Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week in Review

91 miles
18 miles at Davidson
4 doubles
4 AFDs
4 states driven (OH, KY, TN, NC)

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty pumped to close out 2010/begin 2011 with my highest mileage week in several years. I'm even more excited that through it all, my Achilles has not only held up but has in fact felt 100% normal. I was a bit apprehensive that my workout on Saturday would set me back, but to my delight it felt great on Sunday's long run and even allowed me to pick up the pace for a mini-tempo in Davidson. This doesn't solidify my decision to race Houston, but it does provide some encouraging indicators. If I can maintain another week of high mileage including a workout or two, then nail a marathon simulation run, I think I'll give it a go. If by this time next week my fitness isn't deemed adequate, then it will be time for a serious conversation with Jordan followed by a look at some other early spring options. Houston seems like the best venue for running fast, but I don't want to go all the way out there if I'm not ready. We'll see soon enough.

1 comments: