Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Taper Time

Monday: 5 miles
Tuesday: 6 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles

Okay Dad, here's that taper you've been asking for. As I predicted last weekend, the first few days of this week have made running almost an afterthought. I would've been hard-pressed to squeeze in any more miles without sacrificing sleep, time at our corporate office or safety. All three of these runs took place within the confines of my hotel's fitness center in either the early morning or late evening hours. Fortunately the treadmills were equipped with individual TV's so I was able to keep boredom at bay. To be completely honest, while I was initially a bit stressed out about traveling so much the week of the race, I'm starting to see it as a blessing. I've literally been too busy to think about Sunday as I've been jumping around from one thing to the next up in Boston. On that note, also on my list of blessings is the fact that I got out of dodge just a few hours before the next blizzard system hits the Northeast tonight. I have less than a 24-hour turnaround time before my flight tomorrow and I did not allot any time for delayed or canceled flights! On that note, time to do unpack one bag and pack another. Next stop, Houston!

0 comments: