Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week in Review

77 miles
3 doubles
6x10 mins. core
4 runs on the YMCA treadmill
2 days in DC

A week that started off bitterly cold and snowy finished all sunshine and smiles in DC. I ran an 8k PR, walked about a million miles and spent some quality time with friends and family. I've got a few more days to play tourist before I reluctantly return to my normal life on Tuesday night. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to a rare treat tomorrow: the Monday morning long run! I plan to show Dad and Tim my favorite "secret" running spot, Teddy Roosevelt's Island, and then continue on for a loop that will likely retrace my steps from my last long run here. I can't wait!

MRN + JRB = best friends since 4th grade! Always great to see Julie when I'm in DC.

Nedlos on our tour of the Capitol, which did not get canceled. I cannot say the same about our planned tour of the White House. #sequestersucks

Mother-daughter pic. Coordinating colors = 1/2 coincidence, 1/2 intuition.

0 comments: