Sunday, April 8, 2012

Week in Review

95 miles
4 doubles
20+ mile long run
2 runs in Boston
4 AFDs

Happy Easter and Passover and whatever else you may be celebrating! Today Jordan and I observed Easter by running long (too long!) around Nahant and back with Emily, eating a delicious brunch, taking a nap, then later being treated to a traditional Korean BBQ dinner at our friend/coworker ST's place. It was a fun way to cap off a solid week of training, though Sunday's looooong run combined with a lackluster tempo on Saturday left me fatigued enough to realize that I need to take it a bit easy if I have hopes of performing well at the BAA 5k next Sunday. (And by "performing well" I mean running a fast time and road PR--with plenty of speedy American and international runners in the field, I could very likely go sub-17 and still not finish sub-17 in the placing!) Regardless of how the race goes, Emily and I have agreed that it will be a great rustbuster and opportunity to participate in the marathon weekend festivities without the whole silly "running 26 miles" business. I'm beyond excited for a weekend filled with friends, running, parties, more running, more friends--and, of course, lots of sweet Karhu action. If you're coming to the expo, make sure you stop by for our ribbon cutting and autograph signing with Karhu's own 1972 Boston Marathon champion, Olavi Suomalainen. Hope to see you there!

0 comments: