Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Penn Relays Pre-Race Workout

2 mile w/u
Target: 2x1200 @4:06, 2x600 @2:00, 2x300 @55
Actual: 4:06, 4:07, 1:59, 1:59, 53, 52
2 mile c/d
Total: 6.5-7 miles

Not a whole lot to say about this workout, which was quickly done on lunch at Beverly High. Similar to a few weeks ago, Jordan and I were joined by a few intrepid coworkers who he once again led in a modified version of our workout. Conditions were incredibly windy, gusting at nearly 20 mph, and I was relieved I wasn't really trying to nail any arduous paces or lengthy distances. One of the main objectives today was to throw on spikes--which I haven't worn in basically two years--for the 300s to see whether I feel comfortable racing in them on Thursday night. To be honest, I'm really on the fence about it--I know the spikes will undoubtedly facilitate a faster time, but I may or not be able to train (or walk!) for the rest of the week. They feel particularly uncomfortable on my left foot thanks to a problematic bunion, so I may have to modify the actual spike configuration a bit if I'm going to make it work. Either way this will be a game time decision.

0 comments: