2.5 mile w/u
Target: 2xmile @5:30-35 w/3 min. jog; 3x1200 @4:08-09 w/3 min; 2x800 @2:40 w/2:00; 2x600 @2:00 w/2:00
Actual: 5:29 (3 min jog), 5:26 (3:00); 4:00 (3:00), 3:59 (3:00), 4:01 (3:00); 2:40 (3:00), 2:35 (2:30); 600 @1:58 (1:30); 400 @73
1.5 mile c/d
Total: 11+ miles
I don't really have time to write about this right now, but I'll have even less time until Monday so I want to at least jot the details down. A few quick points:
- Did this on a ~one mile road loop in Piedmont Park. I'd planned to use the crushed gravel Active Oval but upon arrival we found it was quite muddy with several ankle-deep puddles.We made a game time decision to switch to the road.
- The loop was relatively flat and fast. First 800m was gradually uphill with a sharp, almost 180-degree turn at 600m, while the second 800m was slightly downhill to flat.
- From the first interval, I was running hard. Really hard. I had to augment the rest and change the last two intervals because I didn't think I could do another 600 at the same pace. I took advantage of the slightly downhill section and cranked out a hard 400 instead.
- This was likely the first, last and only time I've ever dropped Jordan in a workout. Clearly he is coming back from injury and hasn't worked out in several months, but that doesn't mean I won't give him a hard time about it.
- I'm still light years away from where I need to be in May, but today's effort gives me hope. Everything was done at my current 5k pace or faster.
- I'm glad to have my workout buddy back!