Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Underwhelming

2.5 mile w/u + strides
Target: 3x8 mins. @5:40 pace w/3 min. jog; 6x1 min. @5-5:15 pace w/1 min. jog
Actual: Something resembling the above
2 mile c/d
Total: 11+ miles

Nothing exciting to report here. My legs should've been fresh and strong despite the solo early morning start time, but they weren't. Instead of feeling like I was running fast, I merely felt like I was running hard--and unfortunately, in this situation, those two words aren't necessarily interchangeable. Given that I wasn't running with a Garmin, for all I know I could've been crushing the pace...but I doubt it. For that reason it's probably better I didn't see any numbers other than the time elapsed, because I likely would've gotten discouraged and cut things short had I known I was missing the splits. I'm hoping to join Emily for some sort of long run/tempo combo this weekend with actual pace objectives, which will hopefully give me a better indicator of my fitness.

1 comments:

mfranks said...

Have fun with Emily K.