Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Steps

3 mile w/u
Target: 2x1 min., 2x4 mins., 3x2 mins. all w/1 min. rest
Actual: Above + 2x30 secs.
2 mile c/d
Total: 8-8.5 miles

I must admit I was a little nervous for my first post-Trials workout, but fortunately Jordan prescribed something untimed and thus easily achievable. I took to the Neck for some hard running on familiar (albeit challenging) terrain, grateful for the opportunity to open up the legs and lungs without being pained by the knowledge of what pace or distance I was covering on each interval. I could've been running 5:40 pace or 6:40 pace--after drastically misjudging the effort on Sunday's long run, your guess is as good as mine--but the important thing is that my body felt strong. Not fast, necessarily, but strong and surprisingly willing to accept the increased effort. I still have no idea what I'll be capable of on Sunday, but it's exciting to finally feel mentally and physically ready to resume hard training.

1 comments:

mfranks said...

Yay, and hoping for a good day Sunday!

-M