Thursday, August 2, 2012

Beverly Yankee Homecoming 5k

AM: 45 mins. easy (6 miles)
PM: 2.5 mile w/u
Target: 5k race @17:10-17:20
Actual: 17:06
Results

I don't have time to write about the race now, so hopefully this article from the Salem News will suffice: I will say I wish they'd posted my chip time, as in that case I would've actually tied my road PR set two years ago at Greek Fest. Why is this important? Simply because it strengthens my running resume to be able to list a PR more current than 2010. Of course, the easiest solution is just to hurry up and run sub-17, a goal that still eludes me. All that aside, given this week's ambitious frontloading--60 miles on my legs as I toed the line tonight--and the dog day summer weather that finally made its presence known in New England, I'm pleased with tonight's effort. Special shout-out to the other half of Team KinLo for his successful return to the road race scene! 


 

0 comments: