Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week in Review

83 miles
2 doubles
1 night in DC
1 night in NY
5 AFDs

Another solid week of training in the books, capped off with a respectable performance at Army 10 Miler. There's still plenty of work to be done, but I'm happy with where my fitness is and willing to be patient over the coming months.


JER and MRN ready to enjoy (read: devour) a
post-race brunch

As I often say, however, the best part of this week's training was not necessarily the miles themselves but rather the friends they allowed me to spend time with along the way. Running side by side with Caitlin along the National Mall is an experience I'll remember forever, made all the more bittersweet by the fact that races together will be fewer and farther between now that I'm moving. Spending the night with Jilane on Saturday and then with Madeleine in New York on Sunday were also rare treats. I'm so grateful to have friends spread across the country as it makes anywhere feel a little bit more like home!

2 comments:

Jilane said...

I'm just glad I didn't have to race to earn my post-race brunch. (Somehow you still look less tired than I do.)

Congrats on the PR! (Yes, it counts.)

Suzanne said...

Yes, indeed PR congratulations to each of you. I impressed!