Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week in Review

75 miles
0 days off
12-mile long-ish run
3x5k workouts
7x10 mins. core

Despite an inauspicious start to the week--still trying to definitively banish my cold, still sporting my nerd specs thanks to lingering pinkeye, oh and did I mention my license plates getting stolen?!--life really picked up steam as the days progressed. My three successful workouts were collectively encouraging, and I finished out the weekend spending some quality time with my good buddy Sarah. She dominated the 10k at the NBB Twilight Meet in a near-PR of 34:07 before coming back to Salem with me for a good old-fashioned slumber party Saturday night. This morning we slept in and then set out in sports bra-worthy weather for a medium long run through the Marblehead rail trail, around the Neck and back. I love showing visitors the beautiful ocean views and picture perfect backdrop of this run, and today's warm temps and bright sunshine did not disappoint. I was sad to see her go, but excited to reunite soon with both Sarah and Caitlin at the US Half Champs. A whole weekend with my two favorite gingers in a little over a month...I can't wait!


Obligatory post-warmup pre-race photo

Sarah pulling away to take command of the women's 10k. What a stud!

0 comments: