Monday, February 22, 2010

Yet Another Rainy Monday

AM: 25 mins. pool
7 miles
PM: 3 miles

I was excited to head out to McAlpine for a girls' run with Jenna, Pezz and Tanya after pool this morning...until it started raining. And by "raining" I mean more or less flooding the entire city within a matter of hours. I've concluded Charlotte basically sits in a floodplain, and weather like today's just reinforces that dire fact. At any rate, Jenna and Tanya and I resigned ourselves to the prospect of splashing around in the rain near Queens and through Freedom Park for our morning miles. It was cold and soggy but surprisingly not terrible in light of the good company. I know it's too much to ask, but it would be really nice to have agreeable weather for my pre-race workout tomorrow.

0 comments: