Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NYU Pre-Race Workout

AM: 4 miles
PM: 2.5 mile w/u
Target: 2xmile @5:25-5:35; 2x200 w/full rest
Actual: 5:32, 5:29, 34 high, 34 low
2.5 mile c/d
Total: 7.5-8 miles

The goal for today's pre-race was to get the legs turning over while feeling relaxed and comfortable. If only every Tuesday workout was so easy! Jenna offered to pace me through the first 800 meters of each mile, which I gratefully accepted, so for the first two laps of each interval I cruised along while expending little mental energy. The workout passed in a flash, and before long it was time to cool down and call it a day. If my legs feel as fresh on Friday as they did today, I should be able to notch a solid time.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, it started raining midway through the first interval. I cannot catch a freaking break.

0 comments: