Sunday, February 22, 2009

Recovery Smorgasboard

AM: 73 mins.
10 miles
ice bath
PM: 50 mins. massage
30 mins. pool

As expected, I woke up fairly stiff and sore this morning, particularly in my left quad and my right calf (no doubt because, as Jilane would say, my right leg ran farther than my left). Lucky for me, today was tailored specifically for recovery. It started with an easy ten-miler at McAlpine with the team, all of which I ran with Holly. We kept the pace fairly relaxed and I felt better than expected, save for the final two miles when it felt like we were trapped in a wind tunnel. Post-run I visited my teammate and next door neighbor Katie, where we each took a turn ice bathing in her bathtub. I followed that up with an intense session at Massage Envy and then a pool session with the team in the afternoon. Basically I have no excuse for not being completely recovered tomorrow, which is a good thing considering Jeff has already warned me that I have a big week on tap.

0 comments: