Friday, December 26, 2008

Sightseeing in San Fran

Day off

I pretty much knew I wasn't going to get a chance to run today due to travel. Unlike in Atlanta, where I can leave my house exactly 65 minutes before my flight and still make it in plenty of time, today my parents and I left Mt. Pleasant at 8:30 to make the two and a half hour drive to DFW. I spent the rest of the afternoon gradually making my way westward, and finally touched down in San Francisco just past 4pm Pacific time. Jordan and his mom picked me up and we headed into the city for a bit of sightseeing before making the drive up to Santa Rosa.

Kitty cat for adoption in the window

Maybe it's because today is the day after Christmas or maybe it was just a standard Friday night in Union Square, but the place was packed. We walked around for an hour or so and took in some sights, including the new ice skating rink, the adorable kittens and puppies up for adoption in the window and Macy's and the world's largest sugar castle (whatever that means) at the Westin St. Francis hotel. The weather was perfect, cool but not uncomfortably so, and it was a great night to be out and about in the city.


Christmas tree in Union Square

Oh, and I did go for a run...for about 70 meters. Jordan brought me a pair of Luna Trainers and I took them for a spin in the driveway. Pretty sweet.

0 comments: