Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday at the River

81 mins. + drills
11 miles

I was supposed to do 14 today but it just didn't happen. I woke up early to meet Meredith at the river before she went to work, and the time we spent in the hilly trails totally wiped me out. I dropped her off at ~57 minutes and another dirt loop was all I could manage. My hamstrings and quads were just trashed. In an attempt to gain something from the run, I did a few of the new drills Coach G-Unit showed me at the end. They didn't help my legs feel any better, but at least the run wasn't a total wash.

The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, packing and running errands. It's difficult to pack for two weeks' worth of travel that comprises three different climates, especially when someone is threatening to limit you to only one suitcase, but so far things are shaping up nicely. Fingers crossed.

0 comments: