Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week in Review

0 miles
6 hours 5 minutes elliptical
3 hours 5 minutes pool
5 AFDs
1 non-dining hall night out (Sushi 101 with Jenny Matz--yay!)

Another week of "successful" cross-training in the books. My hip/quad feel stronger every day and I'm genuinely hopeful about running at some point next week. My latest discovery is that I can do some fairly high-impact stuff with absolutely no pain (think high-knee drills). When I do that, I'm completely pain-free on both the impact and the push-off. Has to be a good sign. Where I'm still experiencing some discomfort is with the kick-back motion inherent in running. To me, these two pieces of information mean that the muscle is still bothersome but the bone is not, which is definitely good news. My patience for cross-training is waning and I'm pretty eager to get back into the running scene, especially with the approach of cooler fall weather.

1 comments:

Nora said...

Good luck. I hope you can get in a successful run this week.