Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week in Review

80 miles
2 doubles
1 day in Ft. Lauderdale
5 AFDs

Unfortunately there's not a whole lot to share this week. Other than Wednesday's well-intentioned but poorly executed tempo run, all my other runs were just "easy" jaunts designed to put in the miles. Saturday morning I took part in an early morning run club with the Runner's Depot crew in Davie, then Sunday I was back in action at McAlpine enjoying the crisp autumn temperatures with Jordan. I wish I could say I felt awesome on either or both of those days, but the truth is every part of me just feels tired and flat. I suppose it's to be expected as my body absorbs the accumulation of the last few weeks' miles, but I can't wait for things to click back into place again.

The only real news of note for the weekend was the NYC marathon, which Jordan has already done a great job of recapping here. (How I love when his blog is actually up to date.) Watching the action unfold provided me with some much-needed motivation and excitement for the day when I might actually line up for 26.2 myself. Hopefully that day comes sooner than later.

On tap: 13.1 Ft. Lauderdale expo Thurs-Sat, 13.1 race Sunday, flying to Austin on Sunday night for sales meeting and the Running Event. Another busy week ahead!

0 comments: