Friday, November 20, 2009

Nationals Course Preview

AM: 3 miles
15 mins. core
PM: 4-5 miles + strides

Okay I know this entry should be longer, but as you already know I'm behind on posts and have a lot to catch up on the next few days. So allow me instead to just share a few brief takeaways before moving on to tomorrow's big race:

1. This was my first double since pre-injury. Granted, the two runs together add up to no more than a marginally respectable single, but don't think for a second I'm not counting it.

2. The. Course. Is. HARD. There are several hills, but one in particular that is just as steep as the McAlpine hill and twice as long. When you get to the top, just in case you weren't having enough fun, you continue running gradually uphill for the next 400 meters. Oh, and did I mention we run this hill twice? Can't wait.

3. I wish I were in shape, because this would be much more exciting. On the flip side, it would also be much more nerve-wracking. Not sure which of those situations is more preferable.

0 comments: